Background to Current Situation
With the opening of the new playing field drawing closer and taking place from 8th to 12th June, there is huge anticipation and excitement within the community. But there is also no room to rest on the significant progress made to date and Éire Óg Hurling & Camogie Club have already been working hard on the next phase of the project. We have been consulting widely with local people over the past 16-18 months. We thank everyone who has engaged with us to discus and shape our
This work has been so important as we prepare to make a Stage 2 bid to the Space & Place funding programme, seeking financial support to enhance the facility for wider community and sporting use.
Through our consultation we have arrived at the following set of proposals which will form part of our funding bid. We want to take this opportunity to share these with you and seek any final comments or feedback on how you feel they may benefit you. At the moment our bid will include;
(1) A 1.5m wide asphalt walking/running track around perimeter of field (fully lit)
(2) Outdoor gym equipment strategically located around the perimeter of track
(3) Sensory/Community garden with seating area
(4) Semi covered area for community events and health and well being activities
(5) 4 lane track with approved athletics surface (approximately 70m long)
(6) Men’s Shed for development of programmes for 50+ men in community
All of the above will have full disability access.
The transformation on this site is already very apparent, but there is real potential to develop a facility which can meet the needs of the entire community.
Can we ask you take just 5 minutes to complete this short survey. In doing so you will be playing a massive part in helping to demonstrate the benefits of this project for local people.
Please note this is completely anonymous unless you want to share your contact details at end.